Public Alerts are issued by the Leon County Sheriff's Office to notify citizens of matters of public safety, critical warnings and other pertinent information.
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2021 - inmate phone calls will increase 21 cents per minute. As the Sheriff’s Office strives to embrace to new technology, it should be understood that funds collected due to this increase will be placed in an account that is used towards improving technology for inmates such as the Securus Tablets, classes, and resources that provide better opportunities after being released from custody.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021 - all PERSONAL mail (excluding legal mail) directed to inmates at the Leon County Detention Facility will need to be sent to the mailing address below. Correspondence at the new address will be scanned and sent electronically. Mail not sent to the address below will be returned to sender.
Inmate/Detainee Legal Name and SPN number (if available)
C/O Securus Digital Mail Center - Leon County
PO Box 21947
Tampa, FL 33622-1947
All legal mail shall still be sent to the Leon County Detention Facility to the following mailing address.
Leon County Detention Facility
Inmates name (SPN number if available)
Post Office Box 2278
Tallahassee, Florida 32316
The Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s top priority is the safety of our employees and the citizens of Leon County. We have developed a comprehensive plan to address the threat posed by COVID-19 and maintain continuity of operations. The following procedural changes are to effectively serve the citizens of Leon County during this unprecedented event.
The following changes will be effective WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020.
- Effective Thursday, October 1, 2020: Fingerprinting services will re-open to the public BY APPOINTMENT ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Fees apply. Click here for fee schedule. Payable by check or money order ONLY. Please call (850) 606-3300 to schedule your appointment.
- In-person visitation remains suspended at the Leon County Detention Facility. All outside contact for inmates is limited to telephone or postal mail. Attorneys are still requested to contact detention facility personnel to schedule any meetings at this time.
- The kiosk located inside the Detention Facility lobby is no longer available to the public. Please utilize the online payment system or telephone payment system to add funds to an inmate's canteen account.
- A selection of Leon County Sheriff’s Office employees will work remotely from home, carrying out their daily duties.
- The Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s front lobby is closed to public access to include NO walk-in reporting. The front lobby will only allow access to regularly scheduled sex offender and career criminal registrations at this time.
- Citizens wishing to report any non-emergencies to the Sheriff’s Office are asked to call (850)606-3300.
- The Sheriff’s Office Mobile Command and Communications Center will be undergoing on-site testing in the event it is utilized for a COVID-19 response.
- For public records requests, we highly encourage the utilization of email (LCSO_Public_Records@leoncountyfl.gov).